Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Goose Joak Cards, Day 5

So I was gone for the weekend, and Monday I was a little lazy. Here are four more cards for my contribution to the Goose Joak cards!


Milwaukee Brewers:

Mike Cameron

Cameron went to the Brewers in 2008. He's a defensive player with speed, who can also drive in runs. He also has power potential and run support making him a potent player. In 2008 he played in 120 games, hit 25 home runs and stole 17 bases. If healthy in 2009 it will be interesting to see what he will achieve.

Trevor Hoffman


Hoffman was acquired from the Padres in 2009 with a 1 year contract. While Hoffman might have been at one point the best Closer in the league he's 41 years old and his fastball has slowed down. I have a feeling he'll end up in the set up role sooner than later. While he might still have some left in him, and I pray he does, he's past his prime and I believe the Brewers could have done without him.

Toronto Blue Jays:

Brian Tallet


Before I talk about Tallet I have to say, I hate this baby blue pajama looking uniforms. Tallet has a fastball in the low 90s. He is comfortable with people on base, which is refreshing. However, his talents best lie in being a set up man.

Jose Bautista

Bautista has good power and is a decent runner for a corner player. In 2008 he played in 128 games and hit 15 home runs. He is a good defensive player both at 3rd base and in the outfield. However, his plate discipline leaves something to be desired as he chases far too many balls. I believe that he has potential and am interested to see how he performs this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment