Wednesday, January 21, 2009

08/09 MLB Masterpices

So I was at a local store today and noticed that they had a few different cards for sale. I noticed that one of the sets they were selling was 08/09 MLB Masterpieces and the packs were out of a hobby box. So I figured what the heck. I bought two packs and here's what I pulled:

Pack 1:

#69 Chase Utley +5 points
#2 Justin Upton +5 points
#48 Ryan Braun (yaaaaa) +15 points...hey it's my game and I'm a Brewers fan...
#79 Russell Martin +1 point
#20 Carlos Zambrono...big Z...+7 points
SG-JB Stroke of Genius - Joe Blanton... Black Border ...+10 Points for this being my first pulled auto...Too bad it's a Oakland A's...but an auto is an auto, pretty damned cool looking too...I just upped an image from the UD website without auto...i'll post a pic of the card I got later on my want/trade list
...EDIT...This is a photo of the card I pulled...sorry about the blue color...will try and get a better pic later




43 Points for pack 1

Pack 2:

#21 Derrek Lee +5 points...he had a heck of year
#10 Nick Markakis +1 point
#113 Steve Carlton +1...but it's a short print so....+5 (total +6)
#51 Justin Morneau +15 points (he helped me get second in my fantasy league)
#29 Troy Tulowitzki +1 point
#49 Harmon Killebrew +1 point...who?
YSL#5817 David Wells -5...



24 points for pack 2... Pack 1 blew Pack 2 out of the water!

You know these are pretty impressive cards I just may have to walk back to the store and buy a few more packs, too bad they are so expensive...

No comments:

Post a Comment